Wednesday 28 September 2011

ohhhh momacita soup

September has almost  come and gone. With this busy month I decided to pull out the slow cooker and make some hearty comfort food.  Because we love Mexican! I thought a taco soup would be a delicious choice.



menu

taco soup ole!


Taco Soup in a Crockpot

1-2 lbs of ground beef, or ground chicken or turkey if you prefer
2 cups of diced onion, I omit this cuz Rob hates onion
2 (19 oz) cans six bean medley
1 can whole kernel corn, drained
1 can Italian stewed tomatoes
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can diced green chilies (in mexican section)
1 can black olives, pre sliced and diced!
2 pkgs of taco seasoning
2 pkgs of ranch dressing mix
I add a few dashes of tabasco or hot sauce or you could chop up some jalapenos! 

Brown meat and onion on a skillet, med-high. transfer over to crockpot. Add all other ingredients.
Slow cook on low for 6-8 hours.

Serve in a bowl with grated cheddar cheese, sour cream, and taco chips!

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. This sounds delicious! I hate onions as well ... mostly the texture ... but I cook with them all the time, too much flavour to omit completely. I dice them until they are practically mush ... maybe you could trick Rob into eating them that way? ;)

    ReplyDelete